Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
  Home     Exam Candidates    Licensees 
  William Treacy, Executive Director  

Reciprocal Application

General Instructions:

If you are a CPA and were not certified in Texas, then you may apply for reciprocity in Texas. You will need to meet the same requirements as a Texas candidate, be in good standing in your original state of certification, and currently hold a license or permit to practice public accountancy in a state other than Texas. The "Instructions for Completing the Reciprocal Application" page explains in more detail the forms and fees that are required as part of the application process.

Required Forms and Documents:

IMPORTANT: If you receive a message that the file "is damaged" or "requires a newer version of Adobe Reader"), you may need to install a newer version of Adobe Reader. You candownload the latest version of Adobe Reader at no cost.

Forms with the notation "(fillable)" offer you the option of entering your information on-screen before printing and sending it to the Board. If you still have questions after reviewing the forms on-line, contact the CPE/Licensing Division at the Board.

Forms and documents that are available on-line:

Instructions for Completing the Reciprocal Application (L0003)

Reciprocal Application (L0004) (fillable)

Oath of Office (L0005)

Work Experience Information (X0004)

Instructions for Completing the Work Experience Form (X0002)

Work Experience Form (X0005) (fillable)

Continuing Professional Education Report Form for Certification by Reciprocity (L0006) (fillable)

Authorization for Interstate Exchange of Examination and Licensure Information (X0016) (fillable)

Additional information available online:

The following forms and information must be obtained bycontacting the Licensing division (by written request, telephone, or e-mail licensing@tsbpa.state.tx.us ).